Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shoes on the Brain

My little brother is getting married in two months (*tear) and I am having major issues deciding what shoes to wear.  Thankfully I already have my dress, but now I am trying to figure out the rest of my outfit.  Here is the dress:

That is the design on the dress but my dress is a deeper blue, almost navy.  I'm going to wear my hair in a side pony with lots of curls over the shoulder that is bare.  

Something like this.

I'm glad I have that much figured out but now I need to decide on shoes.  I found a pair of Badgley Mischka heels that I LOVED that I think would match perfectly, but I couldn't justifying over $200 dollars on a pair of shoes I probably wouldn't wear again.  Here they are:
After consulting my shoe expert, Dalia, I got more ideas to broaden my search in hopes of finding something more affordable.  The wedding colors are black, royal blue, and hot pink.  I found a pair of hot pink shoes that I think would match the dress well:
My main hesitation about these shoes is that the bridesmaids are wearing black dresses with hot pink shoes and I don't want to look like a bridesmaids.  I like how the soles are rubber so that I won't slip.  I'm worried they might not stay on because I often have difficulty getting shoes to stay on unless they have an ankle strap.  

I found another pair I like in a blush pink:
These would still pop but I wouldn't look like I'm trying to dress like the bridesmaids.  I could also wear these shoes again easier than the others.  The ankle strap would ensure they would stay on.  A con is that they don't match the ruffles of the dress as well as the other pink ones.  Another con is that they have leather soles which can be slick.  

The last pair comes in blue as well which would match the dress well:


This is a safe choice.  I would look very put together and it would match well, I'm just not sure if it excites me.  I'm also not sure how often I would wear them in the future.

These are my thoughts.  Please provide feedback to help me make this VERY important decision (sarcasm).  

No comments:

Post a Comment