Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poppies!!!

As I may have mentioned before, the inspiration behind my decorating the apartment are poppies.  I think poppies are one of the most beautiful creations on earth and love the fresh and lively feel they bring to a room.  This also provides me with bright colors of aqua blue and crimson red I can play with throughout the apartment.  I figure I should have fun and go crazy with decorating before having kids after which I will have to decorate in all brown because that will be the only color that will hide all their messes.

For the living room, I bought a large canvas of a poppy that will bring the room together.


The colors are much more vivid in person.  It will hang over our TV so it will be a focal point for the room.  Below is the living room set we purchased in January.


The pillows I found at Overstock.com and they match perfectly.  I couldn't be happier with them.  

Next, I need to get some red into the room.  I'm debating replacing the lamps that came with this living room set with these from Target.  I can't decide if I want these lamps in the living room or the bedroom.  I was also thinking of a bright red rug under the coffee table.  Either way, I will incorporate red into the room in some fashion.  Below is the TV stand which will eventually have two bookshelves on either side.


The bedroom is less put together but I have accents of poppies already in that room.



The pillow were my creative project over Christmas break.  I have a LOT to do to finish decorating this apartment, but I'm off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment